The Water Trick technique is an exercise in aiding dream recall. It involves the creation of a trigger (in this case the water) for the brain to recall the dream.
It is in practice quite simple:
- First, bring a full glass of water up to bed with you, and drink half of it.
- Whilst drinking it, focus on you intent to dream and remember doing so.
- Also, visualise yourself waking up, drinking the rest of the water, and remembering the dream.
- Place it on a beside table, etc.
- When you wake up and drink the rest of the water, hopefully this will be a subconscious trigger for you to recall the dream.